This database contains information on about 2,179 Jewish Holocaust survivors from the Kielce district of Poland. These names were originally published in the 22-page booklet Surviving Jews in Kielce District, published by the World Jewish Congress in New York. The booklet is undated, but was likely published about 1945-46.
"Kielce District" here apparently refers to the immediate post-war district of Kielce, which roughly corresponds to the area of the pre-WWI gubernias of Kielce and Radom of Congress Poland. Towns in southern Piotrków gubernia (the districts of Będzin, Zawiercie and Częstochowa, which were in Kielce Województwa of inter-war Poland) are not included in this booklet.
The names are organized by town of residence before the war. The localities included are:
|Town||Number of Survivors||Town||Number of Survivors|
The columns in this database are:
- Name: Surname and Given Name(s) of the survivor
- Town: Town of residence before the war
- Present Address: The survivor's current town of residence, after the war. This field is present only for the 239 survivors from the city of Kielce
- Year of Birth: This field is present only for persons from about half of the localities. The birthdates range from 1870 to 1945, but the majority are in the 1910s and 1920s
- Page: Page number in the original booklet
- Sequence Number: Sequence number of the individual in the sequence within each town's list
All information for each individual was extracted from the original booklet. There is no additional information in the source document.